Monday, March 2, 2009

Computer withdrawals

I am finally getting caught up on all of my emails and also the forums I am involved with. You think only being gone from your computer for three full days would not be that big of deal. WRONG! This last trip will be the last time I travel without my computer. Each morning I would get up and my day would just start odd. I was not able to catch up on the headlines, check on the weather, check on my email, check out the forums and felt totally out of it. Once the day would start and we were off doing activities we normally would not do I did not even think of or miss the computer till in the evening when we would get back to the hotel.

It was very overwhelming when I was finally able to turn my computer on and just sit down and get caught up. After a few hours working on the computer things started to get back to normal. Most of our transactions while we traveled were in cash as if I had receipts to enter I am sure I would have been even more nervous. Very hard for me to go to bed with paperwork still to be done!

So before you take off on vacation think very hard about how often you use your computer for just daily communications and also keeping up with what the world is doing. I know I have learned me lesson and it will not happen again.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, it is like a day without coffee, it is just not right. When we are at home we have the desk top, Ruth Anns laptop and my laptop going at the same time 24/7..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you not read what i wrote about them being our "life-sustaining appendages"....lol.... you're right....i would be lost without my computer now....on the road, everytime my laptop hiccups, i go into panic mode!!....glad you're back....missed you guys while you were out having mouse-fun!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife