Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Annual 20 Group Meeting



First Annual 20 Group Truckers Meeting May 1st Denver Colorado at Kevin Rutherford's house.




This is our adopted code of ethics:


A Code of Ethics Checklist
I drive to protect the motoring public and myself. I do my best to present a neat, clean appearance. I maintain and operate my vehicle in a safe, professional manner at all times. I comply with all safety rules, regulations, and laws. I treat shipper/receiver personnel with courtesy and respect. Despite what they do, I act professionally. I am courteous to all other drivers. I set a good example for less experienced large vehicle drivers. I am always professional when dealing with four-wheel vehicle drivers. I practice driving defensively every day, and I avoid: Speeding Deliberately tailgating other vehicles Driving aggressively “Getting back” at other drivers I work to improve highway safety by reporting: Crashes to traffic safety agencies Unsafe drivers Unsafe road conditions Situations that could cause a crash I do my best to deliver my load safely and on time. I take pride in my profession and encourage other drivers to do the same. I do my best to inform the motoring public about how to share the road safely with trucks.




We are a very diverse group with our one common thread we are all drivers and we buy diesel. When Kevin picked the core group he wanted representatives from each sector of trucking and he accomplished that. We are not yet at 20 drivers but we are making progress as we find Owner Operators and Drivers who will fill a niche that we need. We have a hour conference call every two weeks, our own web site is http://www.cdlofit20group.org/IM3/portal.php . Our web site is still in its infancy and we are constantly trying to add information that will be a benefit to other drivers. The first annual meeting was were many of us met face to face for the very first time which was awesome and we spent a lot of time together talking about everything with the main topic being trucks and how to better our business.


The highlight of this meeting was getting to see Kevin and Leesa's cabin and we were not disappointed. The view was amazing out of each window and I am not so sure if I lived there I would want to be on the road so much. I would think being snowed in at such an awesome place would just be a bonus! One thing about it you sure could not park your truck here.





We were also able to meet Leesa's pet fox Buddy! Leesa shared many stories with us about hiding Buddy around the house in odd places to scare Kevin. Leesa insists Kevin can scream like a girl when he throws open the shower curtain and Buddy is sitting there. Now Kevin tells a slightly different story but he does admit to Buddy starteling him often!


We had a really great time at this meeting and look forward to getting together once again
in a year!





Here is the mission statement of the 20 group:


Mission Statement

Our mission is to share information with each other and others within our industry, government and the motoring public. Our goals are to improve industry business practices, bring trucking related issues to the forefront and promote a new more positive image of the trucking industry.We should adhere to the highest ethical standards for the following reasons:

1. It is the right thing to do











No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife