Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Down Time

As Expediters we seem to either run our butts off or sit and sit and then sit a little more. When we are parked Bob is often out shining the truck. He can spend as little time as an hour or he has spent up to two full days shining the truck. He uses his ladder and he also has a little rolly stool. I enjoy the heck out of the rolly stool as I can be watching in the mirrors and he will go to scoot and the wheels catch and throw him to the ground! It really is a funny site and I admit I usually laugh out loud. When Bob is in cleaning mode when I need to step out of the truck I have to watch as he often takes the steps off the truck

so he can shine the fuel tanks. He has a lot of cleaning products, shining products, buffers and

many other products he uses on the truck. He also keeps our tires lettered in Purple and Blue colors. He is not thrilled if I slide one of the tires along the curb. After lettering the tires both of us are very aware of how close we get to a curb. People ask us how much it costs to buy tires custom made to match our truck! One of the good things about Bob constantly shining our truck he will quickly pick up on any odd wear on the underside of the truck. He is constantly going over our truck with a fine tooth comb to make sure all is well. He gets a lot of great comments on how good our "new" truck looks. Most are amazed when he tells them we have over 600,000 miles on it. This has been a awesome truck and a huge confidence builder for me as Bob all ready did well in heavy traffic.


While Bob is cleaning the outside I work on the inside. We have a oak floor that looks just awesome when polished and has really worn well since Bob and Terry installed it. I also have curtains in the windows so the truck is really our home away from home. I spend way to much time on my addiction of this darn computer but when I can tear my self away I work on several projects. One of the ladies at the office gave me this blanket to make for her as she started it and got lost on the project. I was rather amazed at how much fun I had making this blanket which is crocheted. I usually like to cross stitch and have lots of animals and forest scenes I have done for the house. For some reason I just cannot get away from liking to cross stitch pictures of animals. Nicki and I have opposite tastes so she decorates downstairs at the house and I get the upstairs and the basement! For some reason my picture of a camel with a scarf on her head is something Nicki said I have to keep in the basement! I think she is cute.



2 comments:

  1. love the lighthouse throw....my sister in nc would go nuts for it. ...you did a really good job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth. This was the first one I have made and at times I would have 8 skiens of yarn I was working with. I do no think I would want to use a throw like that everyday as there are so many loose ends woven together. It was fun and I hope someday to do another one.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife