Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Barnapalooza 2009

Most of the people involved with Barnapalooza and a few friends were able to pre order shirts and many ordered shirts the night of the party. The Shirts were awesome... and will become an annual item. Nicki our oldest daughter in the front was the prime organizer of this event and Josh the Awesome DJ the guy on the left hand side took care of music, lights, fireworks and provided a skeet thrower. Brandy our youngest daughter is next to Josh and is still trying to get back into civilian life after her last tour of Iraq. I the proud mom of my daughters and I am next to Brandy. Bob the proud dad has both arms thrown in the air on the other side of the pic.
As the day of Barnapalooza started we were awakened to rain and just knew that it was going to be a muddy mess but nope the weather cleared and it was a nice day and evening. In the afternoon we loaded up the skeet thrower and shot off a few hundred rounds. Had great fun and I found out I was a little rusty but was still able to hit a bird. As Josh started setting up the barn with lights for the dance several of us settled into a game of Phase Ten. We then got the bon fire started and the evening was just perfect to stand around the fire or be a stump sitter as it just took the bite off of the evening. We had awesome BBQ from Big Sticky's in Troy MO and the guests all brought side dishes. Wow was there some awesome food. After the dinner the sun had went down and Josh shot of fireworks that would have a made a few towns embarrassed as they were just amazing. I am sure that a few of the small towns around were able to see our fireworks. This was also a BYOB and one neighbor makes homemade wine. Neither Bob or I drink much but that homemade wine was just awesome and I enjoyed several different types. I know this was a barn dance but nope no Country Western was really played. All rock and some Hip Hop and a little alternative. After a little wine when the music started my toes just started tapping. I cannot dance nor even after drinking do I think I can dance but I sure had fun trying and I tried danceing a lot. Josh the DJ knows me to well and he did a count down of how long I would be up and he was right it got to midnight and I was DONE! We had about 50 people at our little barn dance and I believe we have become the talk of our new community and it will be hard to top what all we had at our party! Plan are all ready being draw up for next year and we believe the party may start a little earlier with croquet and shooting and maybe even a little volleyball weather permitting. Get your t-shirt now.... 2010 Barnapalooza is on the way...








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife