Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a day!!

One of the un fun days in the life of a truck driver / expediter hurry up and wait. After we deliverer our load we found out that there were many FedEx Custom Critical trucks in Florida and so we were one of many. There were more then enough trucks in Miami and also in Orlando. We get paid a small amount to move to a location given to us be FCC and if that does not work we can sometimes get another location to move to. We sat at a Travel Center on the Florida turnpike most of the afternoon and then were told for a relocate fee we will move you to Birmingham AL. Well with that many trucks sitting in Florida we jumped on that chance and are on our way.

You might think boredom sitting in a small space for many hours but really there is not enough hours in a day to do all that you want. Bob had drove till about 3 in the morning and then I am sure while we were being unloaded he was awoken again. He then was able to go back to sleep while I drove to Orlando and he did not get up till almost one in the afternoon! He has always loved sleeping in and this is the perfect job for that. While he sleeps I get all of computer work updated and if I finish that I will listen to my IPOD as I have many books downloaded. Right now I am reading The Fountain Head by Ayn Rand. Once Bob was up and while he was inside I made the bed and cleaned up the truck. He then read a few posts on the computer and I played Guitar Hero for a bit. We then had a head to head battle on Guitar Hero and while playing received the call that if we wanted we could move to Birmingham.

Well that brought out another project that I have been working on crocheting a blanket. Great hobby for winter time. The day usually just flies by due to all of the activities we have in the truck and also in maintaining the truck on nice days. There is not enough time in the day to get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife