Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pigs In Florida

Has anyone heard of Florida having a wild pig problem?

I was driving up I95 and not in a remote area and a small brown pig with red spots was running in the median. I did think how odd but that was it. I turned onto the Florida Turnpike and started towards Orlando and here is another brown pig with red spots rooting along the highway about 30 miles from the first one. They looked to be related to me but what do I know.

We delivered just north of Miami but not even sure what we had 1000lb box. Was a long box and we picked it up at the manufacturer but still have no clue what they even make.

These light loads are really helping us to keep our fuel mileage up above ten miles to the gallon which really helps with our FSC. We need to stay above 9 miles per gallon to stay ahead of the fuel game. Our top speed is 56 to 57 mile per hour no matter where we are. In a couple states we actually are speeders! Our loads are figured on 47 mph so we have no trouble making our deliveries or our picking up a load. The secret is to keep the doors shut and get on down the road.

We are sitting at a Service Plaza now waiting for a load offer. I am considering going and buying a avocado as the thing is HUGE and I have never saw one so big. They cost $3.50 each so you can imagine how big they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife