Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Member






We can see the truck sitting out by the shop from our front door and we are constantly reminded that due to our truck we are able to have our fun. We are proud of our truck and what we do for a living so we enjoy seeing it in the background of many of our pictures. Often we are asked how the truck is doing. Seems as we are not the only ones who think of the truck as a member of the family. We receive comments regarding how good the truck looks for its age. It really has aged well and shows how careful we are. As we meet new friends and they view the truck they ask us about the age of the truck and are amazed that the truck is 5 years old and has almost 700,000 miles. I have to write the truck has been good to us. For me the truck inspires confidence as it is easy to see out of the windshield and over the short sloped hood. The height of the truck makes it very easy to see over cars and so my visibility when driving is awesome. The mirrors are also placed well and easy to adjust so I can see all that is beside me or behind me. The truck has an automatic transmission and so you push a button and off we go. I have now become so accustomed to driving the truck a small car scares me. Instead of looking eye to eye with other trucks I see under them. We finally sold our car and bought a pickup which is much easier to drive in traffic. The truck is looked on fondly as it sits out in the cold waiting for us to finally come out and of the house and head it on down the road like it was built to do.
I am sure the truck will end up in many more of our “family” pictures and we continue to enjoy seeing the country through our trucks windshield!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife