Monday, February 9, 2009

Time to sit and read!

We made it to our delivery 28 hours early and have been waiting in the safe haven to get unloaded. When this happens after catching up a little on our sleep we usually get a lot done and this was no exception.

First is clean up the truck on the inside the wind and forecast was not good for the outside of the truck. It is amazing in such a small space with two people and a cocker spaniel how quick the truck gets dirty. After cleaning the sleeper and the cab of the truck it was time to exercise. Brandy gave me a IPOD Nano and a Niki + that is pretty darn cool. You put the little Niki sensor on your shoe and the reader into your Nano and then you take off walking. This neat gadget tells you how far you have walked or ran, how long it took you, the distance you went, and how many calories you used. Well I thought I had walked over a mile and looked at the Nano and nope .80 so I walked more. Love the little gadget and how easy it is to use. Anything that can get me out of the truck and moving is going to be worth it's weight in gold. That will not be to much on this new gadget as it is very light.

Then I was able to read for a bit in between watching a coyote come in and steal trash from a dumpster full of MRE's. He was a scrubby looking little thing and Bob was not sure what he really was. Molly of course never saw a coyote! Anyway the book I am reading is called People are Idiots and I Can PROVE it! By Larry Winget. Wow talk about an in your face book and he is blunt very blunt. Several of his ideas sure hit home and made me stop and think. There will be some life changes going on in our lives starting now. A lot of what he talks about are ideas I have played with and somewhat skirted around but after this book it is time to get real and fix a few things. The book is also good for couples as some of what he talks about is goal setting and I love goals but how much better they would work if our goals would match! We have been meandering now like a stream for to long it is time to become a straight canal. Anyway I really enjoyed reading this book and I will probably get it from audible.com and listen a few more times to it to stay motivated. I have liked all of Larry Winget's book but this one by far is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife