Sunday, February 22, 2009

Home Time


This is going become a familiar site! The nose of the truck stuck into the shop.
We were in Knoxville TN and did not receive any load offers so on Friday evening Bob drove a couple hundred miles to get us a little closer to home. I got up at my normal time and started driving towards the house. The morning started out very nice as I was listening to a book on my IPOD, drinking my morning coffee, traffic was light and just waiting for the sun to come up! Well the sun did not come up all I saw was ominous clouds! Yep snow clouds. In a short period of time it starts raining then that turns to snow and ice. What a mess. Poor Bob gets out of bed looks out the window and says what the heck is all THAT!! I figure he must still be asleep as it is pretty plain to me it is snow and ice! He turns back around and goes back to bed! He gets up about the time we get to the bridge to Saint Louis where the arch is a great land mark and by that time it had quit snowing but the truck was not thawing very quickly. He starts getting excited with go here and go there so he can get PARTS!! His first time to really work on the truck in his SHOP!! Well I get him to the first parts store and off he goes. Like normal they only have a few off his parts so off we go again. After four parts stores he is happy and time to get fuel and head for the house! It has quit snowing the sun is out but boy is it bitter cold. That does not slow Bob down a bit. We pull up to the house and he is in a sprint to unload all the laundry, shower stuff, and some personal stuff and off he goes to his shop for a few hours. I look out the windows and he has his coveralls on and he is working away and I am sure if I had been closer I would have seen a smile on his face.
I know I was smiling as I started getting our laundry done and putting stuff away. It sure felt good to come home to the house. Nicki and her friend Jen had painted the kitchen and it is really gorgeous and I will post pictures later as next Sunday we are going to do a little more painting!
Well we are off to "Mouseland" for a few days. I am sure I will post one or two pictures of Disneyland the most wonderful place on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife