Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why as an industry do we almost always shun change

Change is a part of life and if we do not change with the times we soon will be no more. We are always looking for ways to improve our business and our lives.  It is hard for me to imagine having in my life without a goal.

When I talk to drivers about what the good old days were like,  I am amazed by their replies. In some areas of their lives they were treated with respect and they always stopped and helped out any stranded motorist. In other ways they had a very rough life. I am very spoiled as I expect a lot out here on the road. I do not want to run like the outlaws by avoiding scales, using drugs, to stay awake and in reality driving their lives away. I want my cell phone and my QUALCOMM, I do not want to stop at all pay phones and have to stand out in the cold while waiting for a dispatcher to pick up the phone and tell me nope no loads. I like our 96" sleeper with the many amenities we have such as large refrigerator, microwave, oak floor, and lots of cabinets, small sink, and a large bed. Living in a truck with no air conditioning and a coffin sleeper is unimaginable to me and I have nothing but respect for the guys that did it.  We have a truck that has no problems with mountains and when I have talked to the older truckers they talk about walking up hills beside their trucks as they lumbered along.  Without change where would we be now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Saint Louis, United States
Expediters Team Drivers Husband/Wife